With the Bulk Geo IP locator tool, you can identify the exact geographical location of a given IP address.
|Your IP||City||Region||Country||Country Code||ISP||Latitude||Longitude|
IP-based geo-location is a process by which a location can be identified based on the IP address of an internet connected device. This geo-location data is generally collected and stored in databases. When you want to find out geo information about your IP address, you may use one of many free geo lookup tools that are available online. In this blog post, we will discuss how geo ip lookup works and what it can do for you!
The geo information that is known about a device's IP address may include the geo location, city name, country name and other related details. This geo-location data can be used to identify where your website visitors are located when they visit your site. In today’s world of online marketing, it is important for marketers to understand which locations provide them with better opportunities for business growth and how well their current geo targeting strategy performs.
How Does It Work?
This geo ip lookup process works by collecting various network elements from an incoming request such as: user agent, time stamp, URL query parameters etc., These items contain information about the user making the search or browsing through different pages on a web application along with his geo location.
By collecting these geo-location details, the system is able to form a geo ip lookup database which can be used for further processing and data analysis.
Using this geo information one can also implement geo fencing in order to restrict access or provide content that is appropriate for different locations on your website based on their geo location. This will result in improved user experience as well as increased conversion rates!
When geo fencing is implemented using geo ip lookup, it can be done at multiple levels of granularity. The first level includes the country which you are targeting whereas the other two include countries within a specific region and cities in those regions respectively.
One may ask how does geo fencing work? Well, geo fencing identifies where your website visitors are located based on their IP address. If they fall outside of these zones or do not meet certain criteria then access to content/data will be restricted for them! This increases user experience while also improving conversion rates by providing relevant information that matches users’ locations.
To determine whether an individual falls into one particular zone or another, geo-fencing tools use business rules . These business rules are basically geo-fencing rules that we discussed earlier; these include:
• Country based geo fencing (e.g., not allowing access to content/data if the visitor’s IP address falls outside of USA)
• Region based geo fencing (e.g., not allowing access to content/data if the visitor’s IP address falls outside of North America, South East Asia and Europe etc.)
• City geo fencing (not allowing access via web server or redirecting users depending upon their location because you do not want them accessing your website from a specific city due to reasons such as its proximity with another office or it is an area known for cybercrime).
Using this data, one can geo target their online marketing campaigns leading to increased conversion rates and website growth!
IP-based geo location data is also used by search engines like Google, Yahoo etc. in order to deliver geo targeted results on different queries which provide users with relevant information based upon their geo locations (e.g., if you live in New York then you will see NYC related content first).
Thus, geo ip lookup provides various advantages such as:
• Provides accurate geo targeting for marketers across the globe
• Increase CTRs & Conversion Rates due to improved user experience by providing geo specific content/data that matches a visitor’s geo location or zone
• Allows access into websites from certain regions when implementing city level fencing depending upon geo location
• Provides geo targeted keywords for online marketing campaigns (e.g., geo-fencing can be implemented using specific keyphrases like “retail store locations in New York”)
• Allows users to see relevant local results when performing search queries at search engines due to geo targeting based on their IP address
There are many instances where you can implement geo fencing depending upon your business objectives and user requirements.
• Restricted access of print materials or digital content if a visitor is not located within the region/city that they belong to e.g., restricting access if an individual does not live in UK will enable you to geo target your marketing campaigns accordingly
• Restricting access or providing geo targeted content/data at the country level (e.g., geo fencing implemented using geo ip lookup allows you to restrict users from accessing information if they are not located within specific regions like USA, UK etc.)
• Implementation of city based geo fencing for restricting user access depending upon their location e.g., blocking users that do not live in New York City will increase website security and reduce cybercrime rates because individuals outside this zone cannot access a company’s online presence)
You can get different levels of accuracy based on the geolocation database you use. The accuracy of IP-to-country databases varies between 98% and 99%; however, the typical accuracy is 95%.
The accuracy of IP-to-Region (or City) ranges from 50% to 75% if neighboring cities are taken into account. Since IP-to-regional data is not officially available, 50+% accuracy is quite impressive.
Copyright © 2021 ProThemes.Biz. All rights reserved.